Welcome to Invest Carcross. This site was created to keep you informed on the development of various business opportunities in the Carcross area.
Under the leadership of the Carcross Tagish First Nation (CTFN) and the Carcross Tagish Management Corporation (CTMC), our vision is to build a private sector economy in Carcross that will create a sustainable flow of job and business opportunities for the community, our citizens and the region.
We believe the Carcross Tagish traditional territory is an area rich with business opportunities in the tourism market. The leading resource factors include:
- An area blessed with an amazing combination of lakes and mountains for recreation - motorized and non-motorized. Not to forget the vast and unique geographical features for site seeing.
- Prime land parcels for resort, accommodation, and service oriented establishments.
- Spectacular potential for wildlife viewing of: sheep; herds of caribou; birds; and rare species of butterflies that inhabit the area.
- Our citizens have a long and vibrant history in the region which serve as a cultural springboard for the performing arts and the production of unique artworks.
- Carcross’ relative location to larger destinations. Currently Carcross is the hub for many visitors travelling between Whitehorse and Skagway. Each year, over 100,000 people stop in Carcross.
- Road access is possible 365 days a year. And whether travelling for business or pleasure, the highway and scenery between the major destinations and Carcross is pristine and breathtaking.
That all said, a vital key to developing successful business ventures in Carcross is partnership. CTFN and CTMC are committed to establishing and developing partnerships with those that want to invest in tourism projects in the Carcross region.